The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

TRB Editor Went for the Vampire Treatment... and Survived!

By Shawal Ras


Put myself through hell and came back with a good skin to match my good heart (LOL!).

It took me quite a while to convince myself that I need to undergo a procedure to fix my skin. My skin is not problematic, per se. I have no acne problem since I reached 25 and to be honest, my skin is just… OK.

But my problem is actually lies with my acne scars. Gahhh. Y’know those visible holes that make your face looks like the Moon. Teenage angst and hormones when I was a skinny teenager gave me lotsa big acne and they’ve left marks on my face and I casually hate ‘em.


At 28 and in the middle of growing my professional career, you need to look good at all times. Bought new clothes, lost some weight, added some muscles… I thought that’s enough until I feel like I’m being insecure with my own skin.

After a bit of research and chat with some friends, I got introduced to this thing called “the Vampire treatment”. So, how it works? So the procedure itself is a wee bit worrying ‘cos it’s intrusive. I’ve said it before that I’m not a fan of such treatment. Basically, your face will be numbed with either a cream or local anesthetic. A hypodermic needle will be inserted underneath the skin, below the tissue of your acne scar, and it’ll cut the connective tissue, encouraging the skin to regenerate. After that, they’ll inject something called Plasma-Rich Platelet, or PRP (it’s something filtered from your own blood prior to the treatment) onto your skin. By doing so, new collagen growth will do its work and rejuvenate your skin to be better and luminous.

To be honest, I was fidgeting the whole time. Despite having anesthetic AND numbing cream on my face, the procedure hurts. I literally cried at first but it’s bearable. Plus, the team at Premier Clinic, including the handsome Dr. Nigel Ong, was super fun to work with.

And the result makes it worthwhile. That's the price of beauty!

The moment I left the room, my face glows. That’s the first indication of how it works. Over the next few days, your face will be swollen so there's no need to worry. It’ll subside within few days but mine was a bit longer ‘cos I forgot one shouldn’t be exposed to heat and I spent some time in the sauna on the second day. Whoops - My bad!

Anyway, am not saying the scars will be gone after one treatment. For ‘em to heal, you need to undergo few treatments every few months, to say the least. But, with just one treatment, I can already see a tremendous change on my skin within the first week (see the first pic)… considering the steep price. So, this is highly recommended.


Premier Clinic is a prestigious medical aesthetic centre in Malaysia and has been touted by the local media as one of the best in Malaysia. With six full time aesthetic doctors and a variety of treatments to tailor to every client's needs, the clinic is located in several key locations (Bangsar, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, Puchong, and the newest addition to the family in Ampang) and it promises professional services and great results. Visit website.

1 comment:

  1. Satisfaction to study. You've got crafting expertise. I loved your story. How did you discover it?    saunajournal.com

    ReplyDelete